Monday, June 7, 2010

Mmmmm-Ba

Well, I guess we can all be thankful that my parenting skills show more consistency than my blogging frequency. I'd like to blame my lameness on the fact that I'm a mother of a toddler but since Sydney is the easiest toddler on the planet, that would just be, well...lame. There, now that we've established that I'm lame, lets move on.

Life lately has been a whirlwind of climbing anything and everything, a budding vocabulary that grows almost hourly, unsolicited kisses and unwanted hitting. Seriously, how does a toddler who's never been hit learn to hit her mama 3496 times a day? I know I know, it's instinct. This is an instinct I could live without. There are plenty of other instincts that would be more beneficial to have. Personally, I'd like to see an instinct for picking up one's own toys but hey, what do I know, I'm just the mama. Luckily the unsolicited kissing and unwanted hitting developed about the same time, my guess is that's part of a toddler's survival instinct.

Speaking of the unsolicited kisses, lets talk about those for a moment. When Syd comes up to me with her lips puckered and makes that sweet little "mmmmmmm-ba" sound, is it wrong that I want to run out and buy her a pony? Thankfully I'm broke or we'd have a backyard full of ponies.


6 comments:

Debbie C said...

The mysteries and frustations of toddlerdom continue to mount as she continues to grow. I'm glad the kisses happened to arrive the the the battery, at least it balances out somewhat.

Sheila said...

And you thought two big dogs put out a lot of manure--imagine what all those ponies could do! :)

I absolutely LOVE this photo of her!

Wisty said...

Love, love, love the picture! I have promised many a puppy and pony and am pretty sure it will be worth the poop-scooping.

mama biscuit said...

So Wisty, with identical twins do you promise 2 puppies or ponies or will the boys be required to share? LOL.

eclectic said...

Parenting is FUN! *repeat as needed*

:)

And while I'm doling out helpful tips, let me add: Do NOT make promises of livestock as a reward for ANYTHING. It's just generally a bad idea. ;)

This photo is crush-me-with-the-cute, BTW.

Persnickety Ticker said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!

Hi! I'm still alive! So are you! Have missed your gorgeous photos!

Hope all is still well since I just realized that the date on this post was 2010.